Horticulture Career Preparation Program >>
GET STARTED IN THE HORTICULTURE INDUSTRY
Get a start on your career in horticulture with this entry level course that will qualify you to work as a horticultural assistant, or garden or nursery labourer.
The Certificate II in Horticulture will teach you the fundamentals of planting, potting and maintaining trees, shrubs and plants, how to recognize plants, prepare plant specimens and provide information on products and services, and soil testing along with how to treat weeds, pests and diseases.
QUALIFICATIONS EARNT ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF COURSE:
- FSK20113 Certificate II in Skills for Work & Vocational Pathways
- AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture
SKILLS LEARNT THROUGH THIS COURSE INCLUDE:
- Recognise plants
- Treat weeds
- Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- Participate in work health and safety processes
- Workplace practices and expectations
AGRICULTURAL CHEMICAL DISTRIBUTION CERTIFICATE
This program contains the Units required to gain the ACDC (Agricultural Chemical Distribution Certificate). Upon completion students are able to apply directly to the Department of Agriculture for a certificate.
ACDC required Units include: AHCPMG301 Control Weeds, AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals and AHCCHM303 Prepare and apply chemicals.
- Post course work experience trial.
To apply today or for more information, call (07) 5334 9921 or email [email protected]
- No cost to participants for training.
- *Eligiblity criteria applies.
- Indigenous and Non-Indigenous places available.
The program is being run by Five Bridges in partnership with Look Now Training RTO#31827.
This training is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative.