MAROOCHYDORE Horticulture Career Preparation Program >>
GET STARTED IN THE HORTICULTURE INDUSTRY
No cost to participants for training. This training is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government through its Skilling Queenslanders for Work Initiative.
Get a start on your career in horticulture with this entry level course that will qualify you to work as a horticultural assistant, or garden or nursery labourer, or simply improve your own garden!!
The Certificate II in Horticulture will teach you the fundamentals of planting, potting and maintaining trees, shrubs and plants, how to recognize plants, prepare plant specimens and provide information on products and services, and soil testing along with how to treat weeds, pests and diseases.
QUALIFICATIONS EARNT ON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF COURSE:
- FSK20119 Certificate II in Skills for Work & Vocational Pathways
- AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture
SKILLS LEARNT THROUGH THIS COURSE INCLUDE:
- Recognise plants
- Treat weeds
- Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- Participate in work health and safety processes
- Workplace practices and expectations
AGRICULTURAL CHEMICAL DISTRIBUTION CERTIFICATE
This program contains the Units required to gain the ACDC (Agricultural Chemical Distribution Certificate). Upon completion students are able to apply directly to the Department of Agriculture for a certificate.
ACDC required Units include: AHCPMG301 Control Weeds, AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals and AHCCHM303 Prepare and apply chemicals.
Need more reasons to start?
- Family friendly training
- Experienced trainers
- Flexible training schedule
- Full support for your training and job search journey
- Courses are delivered in accordance with current social distancing guidelines. Students not currently subject to vaccine requirements.
The program is being run by Five Bridges in partnership with Look Now Training RTO#31827.
*EligibiIlity criteria applies.