Ready for Work
GAIN THE PRACTICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE NEEDED TO GET INTO WORK.
Work with our specialist recruitment consultants to build your employability.
YOU WILL COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES WITH HELP FROM OUR STAFF:
• Individualised report showing your current employability skills levels.
• A individualized predictor of your ability to maintain employment based on your current circumstances.
• Individualised plan to achieve a job in your areas of interest.
• Resume update and mind mapping your skills.
• Employment search, cover letters and introduction.
• Access to our Employers looking for job ready applicants.
STUDENTS WILL ALSO COMPLETE SELF-PACED MODULES COVERING:
• Goal setting and getting ready for work
• Getting an Interview
• Putting Your Best Foot Forward
• Interview Tips and Tricks – preparation, presentation and punctuality
• Person Qualities and Your Attitude
• Honesty, Organisation and Teamwork in the Workplace
• Mobile Phones at Work and Workplace Health and Safety
• First Day on the Job
FULLY FUNDED: No cost to participants for training*
PROGRAM LENGTH: 10 weeks
ATTENDANCE: 2 days per week 9am - 3pm
START DATE: December 2019
- Central Queensland - Rockhampton, Yeppoon, Mt. Morgan & Woorabinda (dependant on demand).
- Wide Bay - Bundaberg, Maryborough, Hervey Bay.
- Sunshine Coast and Caboolture
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Ready for Work is for Indigenous Queensland residents aged 15-24 years who meet any of the following:
• Ineligible for Australian Government employment services or assistance require complementary services because they have significant barriers to learning and employment
• Have accessed Australian Government services for more than six months and remain unemployed.
• Priority will be given to young people who have already left school or are undertaking further education and training.